The great escape

All the pups now have their eyes opened. They also all have their ears opened and today was the second time for the toenail trimming. I am getting better at the clipping. I do it by feel not by sight.
The puppies have been sleeping till about 4 AM the last several nights. Then, I take Tilly out of our bed and put her in with the pups and after she nurses them she comes back and they will go back to sleep until we get up. I am hoping that Tilly will go on her own soon because she has not been picking them up much lately. I think they are too heavy for her to carry in her mouth.
Yellow is trying to walk now and he gets up but he can only move a short way and then falls down. In a few more days they will all be walking. The next thing is that they will start pooping and peeing. I am not looking forward to that but at least they stay in the pool now and Tilly leaves them there. The pool is a blessing because they do not stay in the crate anymore unless they are locked in.
Tilly is eating us out of house and home. She eats and drinks 4 times what she did before she got pregnant and more than 3 times what she ate and drank when she was pregnant. She was a picky eater and now begs for any food.

All the pups now have their eyes opened. They also all have their ears opened and today was the second time for the toenail trimming. I am getting better at the clipping. I do it by feel not by sight.
The puppies have been sleeping till about 4 AM the last several nights. Then, I take Tilly out of our bed and put her in with the pups and after she nurses them she comes back and they will go back to sleep until we get up. I am hoping that Tilly will go on her own soon because she has not been picking them up much lately. I think they are too heavy for her to carry in her mouth.
Yellow is trying to walk now and he gets up but he can only move a short way and then falls down. In a few more days they will all be walking. The next thing is that they will start pooping and peeing. I am not looking forward to that but at least they stay in the pool now and Tilly leaves them there. The pool is a blessing because they do not stay in the crate anymore unless they are locked in.
Tilly is eating us out of house and home. She eats and drinks 4 times what she did before she got pregnant and more than 3 times what she ate and drank when she was pregnant. She was a picky eater and now begs for any food.
This is a picture of Black with his eyes opened. Blue does not want his picture taken with his eyes opened. He just wants to eat and sleep.
Pink (Lady Esther) Weight 18 oz.
Red (Squirt) Weight 15 oz.
Black (Snowball) Weight 19 oz.
Blue (Big Blue) Weight 20 oz.
Yellow (Mellow) Weight 20 oz.
No comments:
Post a Comment