We had a pretty good night. This was the first night that Tilly was locked in the crate with the pups. They slept pretty well only whining a few time during the night.
Muriel spent the night so that she would be able to watch the pups while we went to Phil’s doctor appointments. Tilly got a little anxious when I was gone, but Muriel handled it well. When I had to go back out for a short while, I decided to sneak away so Tilly did not know I was gone.
At the vet the pups had a very good visit. They all had their dewclaws removed. The vet said that I might have to use a magnifying glass to cut the toenails. All I have to do is cut off the hook part. That is easier said than done. If I don't cut them they may scratch Tilly and could cause an infection in her skin around the nipples. Tilly got some dewormer and all is well with the mom's postpartum check up.
Muriel spent the night so that she would be able to watch the pups while we went to Phil’s doctor appointments. Tilly got a little anxious when I was gone, but Muriel handled it well. When I had to go back out for a short while, I decided to sneak away so Tilly did not know I was gone.
At the vet the pups had a very good visit. They all had their dewclaws removed. The vet said that I might have to use a magnifying glass to cut the toenails. All I have to do is cut off the hook part. That is easier said than done. If I don't cut them they may scratch Tilly and could cause an infection in her skin around the nipples. Tilly got some dewormer and all is well with the mom's postpartum check up.
We had to take the cotton collars that we had on them off today because the pups out grew them. The vet told us that we could mark them with sharpies and we tried that. I also tried nail polish on the pink one but it smeared before it dried and I ended up labeling more than one pup.
In the evening, Tilly decided that she wanted to sit on Phil's lap while he sat in his chair watching TV. One problem existed. What to do with her pups? So she decided to take them all one at a time and carry them by their back paws and jump onto Phil's lap with them. When he had all the puppies she curled up with them on his lap. What a special moment.
Pink – Weight 10 oz.
Orange (red) –Weight 8 oz. Has a stripped toenail.
White (black) – Weight 9 1/2 oz.
Blue – Weight 11 1/2 oz. Muriel noticed that he had two dots on the left side of his head.
Yellow – Weight 11 oz.
Pink – Weight 10 oz.
Orange (red) –Weight 8 oz. Has a stripped toenail.
White (black) – Weight 9 1/2 oz.
Blue – Weight 11 1/2 oz. Muriel noticed that he had two dots on the left side of his head.
Yellow – Weight 11 oz.
No comments:
Post a Comment